Deliciously soft at the heart and crispy on top, this zucchini and cream cheese quiche is a treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 300 g of courgettes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 10 cl of milk
- 3 eggs
- 30 cl of liquid cream (30% fat)
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 150 g of cream cheese
- 40 g Emmental
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Quiche with zucchini and cream cheese
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Wash and cut the courgettes into slices.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- In a ramekin, mix the starch and milk.
- Break the eggs, place them in a salad bowl, beat them into an omelet.
Pour in the cream, the mixture of milk and starch, turmeric, salt, pepper and chopped garlic. Beat again. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Prick the pie shell, arrange the cream cheese, zucchini and Emmental. Salt and pepper. Pour the contents of the salad bowl.
Bake for about 30 minutes.
Learn more about Emmental
In the Middle Ages, the large wheels of this aging cheese made it possible to store generous quantities of milk for the winter.
Clearly distinguished from the 19th century in France and Switzerland, Emmental quickly experienced flourishing production.
Preciously crafted in its historical cradle of production (Grand Ouest de la France), the superior quality Grand Cru variety was awarded a Label Rouge in 1979, and became IGP in 1996.
Find out more about courgette
With only 15 calories per 100g, zucchini is one of the lowest calorie fresh vegetables, along with tomatoes, eggplant and endive.
Read also: how to grow zucchini well
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel