We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Fig jam is an ideal recipe to accompany your sandwiches, pancakes but also foie gras, cheese or poultry.
Ingredients for 1.5 kg:
- 1 kg of figs
- 600 gr of sugar
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
With 1.5 kg of FIG jam, you will do approximately 5 jars of jams classic. Here is an easy, quick and above all delicious recipe ...
> To read also: benefits and virtues of the fig
Fig jam recipe
To make this jam a success, it is best to choose relatively ripe figs that are full of sunshine ...
- Start by removing the tails
- Wash then cut the figs into pieces
- Put the pieces in a pot or any other cooking utensil
- Add sugar and mix
- Leave to macerate for 1 to 2 hour (s)
Cooking fig jam:
The cooking is finally quite fast but must be supervised because it can vary according to the level of maturity of the figs.
- Before cooking, add the vanilla bean (this is not necessary but it gives a special flavor)
- Pour in the lemon juice
- Cook for about 20 minutes
- Stir from time to time
To see if the fig jam is cooked, just put some jam on a cold plate and see if it freezes. If so, it is good for potting.
- Once cooked, fill each pot to level, close and turn them over until completely cooled.
This jam is obviously ideal on a slice of bread but also try it with foie gras or with goat or sheep tome and you will be won over ...
Enjoy your meal !
- Read also: benefits and virtues of the fig