Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 3 courgettes
- 1 eggplant
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 onions
- Salt pepper
- Olive oil
- Bouquet garni (thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, basil)
Ratatouille is a southern summer recipe made with stewed vegetables. Here is the delicious ratatouille recipe.
The success of the ratatouille recipe lies above all in cooking, which must be neither too short nor too long, in order to have perfectly cooked vegetables.
Those who like slightly crunchy vegetables will reduce cooking time while those who like candied vegetables will lengthen cooking.
Cooking is done absolutely over low heat and over a covered heat with the bouquet garni in order to retain all the flavors.
- Start by washing all the vegetables
- Cut the vegetables into medium-sized cubes (approximately 3 to 4 cm)
- Slice the onions
- In a pot-type baking dish, brown the onions and the eggplants in olive oil
- Add the tomatoes and the peppers
- Leave in the leather for 30 minutes on low heat
- Add the courgettes then thegarlic chopped
- Cook for another 15 to 20 minutes over a covered heat
Pto have a slightly candied ratatouille, let cool then reheat before serving. Ratatouille is never as good as it is when it has been spent a little time in the refrigerator before being reheated and served.
Some like ratatouille warm or cold because it is a dish that can be served hot or cold.
- In summer, we serve it lukewarm with grilled meat or fish.
- It can be served simply cold on a toast rubbed with garlic
Ratatouille can be kept 1 full week in the refrigerator, it is often there that it is the best!
Enjoy your meal !