We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The officinal sage (Salvia officinalis) is a perennial plant native to the Mediterranean Basin which offers a multitude of benefits and virtues for health.
We also say "Whoever has sage in his garden does not needdoctor » !
- Gardening:cultivate sage
- Discovery: pineapple sage
Sage and its health benefits
Sage knows a great success since the time of Pharaohs as food, for perfume many dishes, but also as drug.
Capable of treating a multitude of ailments, sage is often associated today with other plants for the preparation of syrups, decoctions, herbal teas and creams.
Excellenttonic, sage herbal tea (20 g of leaves per liter of boiling water) has benefits on digestive tract. She treats the lack of appetite, the abdominal pain and the difficult digestions.
- Nerve tonic stimulating the adrenal glands, sage is recommended in the event of depression and asthenia. We recommend it in case of tiredness and during a convalescence. It also calms the dizziness and thehypotension.
- Sage is an excellentanti-perspirant. It is the most effective plant to fight against excessive sweating and to regulate it. It especially calms night sweats which accompany prolonged fevers.
- Hormonal stimulant recognized, sage helps regulate menstrual cycles and to calm the pains of rules. It fights the disorders related to menopause (dizziness, hot flashes, etc.). After childbirth, sage makes it easier for your period to return.
- Sage is recommended for diabetics for his actionhypoglycaemic.
- Sage also has an action antioxidant and anti-inflammatory which is very effective against canker sores and the ulcerations of the mouth and gums. In gargling, it is an excellent remedy for the ailments of throat, the pharyngitis and the smoker's cough.
Warning however, despite its many virtues, this plant should be consumed with moderation. L'Essential oil extracted from sage can betoxic for the nervous system due to its thujone content. It is also not recommended in case of pregnancy for his action abortive.
- Sage ointment in massages has the merit of reducing sciatica and the muscle aches. You can also benefit from this action by putting a few handfuls of sage leaves in your hot bath.
- In mouthwashes, a decoction of sage (100 g of sage leaves per liter of water) treatscanker sores, the small inflammations mouth and gums andTeeth ache.
- Applied directly on the skin, the fresh sage leaves calm the Insect bites and the bites thanks to their power astringent and antiseptics. They also help in healing sores.
Growing sage for its health benefits
Sage needs exposure hot and sunny. It grows in soil lightweight, deep, even sandy poor.
Planted near your rosebushes, sage will be disease-free.
Pot, in a container 20 cm deep, sage will develop without problem, provided you think about water it regularly, especially in hot weather.
- Gardening: all sage cultivation advice
- Discovery: pineapple sage
Sage in cooking for its health benefits
Sage enhances the taste of vegetables, especially tomatoes and potatoes, but also that of the roast veal and of pork, of the poultry and fish.
Sage lightens heavy dishes and promotes digestion.
- To read: our articles devoted to sage