We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Here is an original and gourmet recipe with the beef steak with nougat sauce, accompanied by its crushed sweet potato.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 600 g carrots
- 400 g sweet potatoes
- 6 shallots
- 60 g semi-salted butter
- 4 beef steaks (200 g each)
Spicy nougat sauce:
- 25 cl of balsamic vinegar
- 25 cl of chicken stock
- 50 g of nougat
- 20 g semi-salted butter
Beef steaks, nougat sauce
- Peel and wash the carrots and sweet potatoes.
- Cut the vegetables into pieces.
- Cook the sweet potatoes and the carrots in two separate saucepans in cold salted water with coarse salt. Drain. Reserve.
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- In a frying pan, melt 30 g of semi-salted butter, place the shallots in it, cook for 5 minutes on low heat then add the sweet potatoes and carrots. Mix and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare the puree and keep it warm.
- Fry the beef steaks in 30 g of semi-salted butter. Feed them regularly until they reach the desired doneness.
For the nougat sauce:
- In a saucepan, pour the balsamic vinegar. Reduce then add the chicken stock and the previously crushed nougat. Let reduce again. Bind with the butter. Adjust seasoning.
- Dress the beef steaks with the mashed sweet potatoes and shallots.
Drizzle with the nougat sauce.
You can add an egg yolk to the mash or 1 tsp. heaped tablespoon of heavy cream.
Learn more about the beef steak
Beef steak: Tender and tasty, this cubic portion of meat is often taken from the aiguillette, a large piece located at the top of the animal's thigh.
Wine to accompany the beef steak with nougat sauce
Here is a very sweet dish, with its sauce enriched by nougat and its accompaniment, carrots, sweet potatoes and shallots, which are characterized by their sweetness. Tannic wines, usually associated with beef, will find it difficult to express themselves in this ambient sweetness. The choice will therefore be either towards wines going in the direction of the dish or, for a little contrast, towards wines carried more by their acidity than by astringency. In the latter case, the freshness and the fruit of an Alsatian Pinot noir will bring relief to the whole, while a Gigondas, warm and round, will give a suave alliance suitable to make you forget the frost of winter. .
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel