We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Deliciously flavored with Norman cheese, this recipe for beef steak with Livarot should seduce you.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 4 beef steaks (170 g each)
- 8 strands of chive
- 2 yellow onions
- 55 g semi-salted butter
- 10 cl of veal stock
- 100 g of livarot (or epoisse)
- 5 cl of fresh cream (30% fat)
- 1/2 tsp. teaspoon dried chuan pepper
- 1/2 tsp. pink berry coffee
Beef steak with Livarot
- Crust the cheese.
- Wash and chop the chives.
- Peel, wash and mince the onions. Just melt them in 25 g of butter.
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- In another pan, melt 30 g of butter, place the beef steaks in it, sear them so as to just brown the meat on all sides. Remove from heat and place in an oven dish. Arrange the onions on top. Put in the oven and continue cooking for a few minutes according to your cooking points.
- Degrease the meat cooking pan, pour in the veal stock, bring to the boil and add the livarot. Using a wooden spatula, scrape the bottom of the pan well to collect any cooking juices that have settled there. Add the peppers and let melt over low heat.
Incorporate the crème fraîche. Check and correct the seasoning if necessary. Reduce until the sauce thickens.
- Divide the meat among 4 plates, cover with the sauce and sprinkle with chopped chives.
Words from the kitchen
Chisel : cut into small cubes.
Slice : cut into thin slices.
Cover : pour a liquid (a cream, a sauce, a coulis…) so as to cover a preparation.
Reduce : evaporate a liquid to concentrate the flavor of a food by bringing it to a boil.
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan